Monday, July 27, 2009

Good-bye NFL

Roger Goodell announced today that he was reinstating Michael Vick into the NFL after a 2 year suspension (and jail term). Vick will be allowed to practice and participate in the first two preseason games but cannot play in the regular season until October. All of this is subject to some NFL team offering Mr. Vick a job.

Mr. Goodell said that playing in the NFL was a privilege and that Mr. Vick has earned a right to another chance………I guess that is what justice and rehabilitation is all about…but as far as I am concerned he had his chance and decided to partake in an illegal dog fighting (and killing) ring…… so that should be it…….in light of Mr. Goodell’s decision I am choosing NOT to give the NFL another chance and I am finished! ..........HAVING FANS IS A PRIVILEGE …..one that I will not extend to Mr. Vick or the NFL.

For the past 50 years I was a die hard Chicago Bears fan….I remember watching the first Superbowl and I have attended 4 of them over the years. I have also attended many Tampa Bay games including the NFC championship in Philadelphia and the Sunday NFL package was a must ….that included 20 weeks a year where friends would gather to watch the games and cheer on our favorite teams. All of this comes to an end today….the day the cheering stopped…..the day that Mr. Goodell and the NFL decided once again that it was ok to allow criminals back into the league .........where it is a privilege to participate.

Good-by NFL

1 comment:

  1. I tried to become a follower of your blog, but your page will not let me do it.
    See if youhave a setting you can change. Check out my blog to see about followers. Greg
    www.GregsEagleBlog.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete